Write it Down
PROGRAM 1 UNIT 4
Write it down
Now it is time to actually do it. Take the following sheet to the gym with you, follow the rep scale as per the instruction and write down what weight you are doing.
Download the sheet from the link below. This is the paper you will bring to the gym to write down your weights
HOW TO READ THE PROGRAMS SHEET
• Reps: the number of repetitions or how many time you will perform the movement
• Sets: the number of times you will perform the exercise
Example: x8/ / / / Perform 3 sets of 8 Reps
• Special Instructions are giving under the name of the exercise on your Program sheet
• When applicable a space is left blank for you to enter the machine settings
• Special angles are displayed with a red line on the pictures
• When in doubt, refer back to the video or pictures provided
• Preferred equipment brands are giving when relevant, if your gym does not have the suggested brands, chose a similar piece of equipment
• D.B.: Dumbbell
• B.B.: Barbell
HOW TO INCREASE THE WEIGHT SCALE
WARNING: Before beginning each exercise, always test the machine with NO WEIGHT to ensure it is functioning properly.
• The first set of exercises is done at a comfortable weight, as a warm up.
• Increase the weight on the next sets
• When the program calls for less reps, increase the weight to your maximum capacity
Example for exercise 1
• 3 sets of 8 reps at 50lbs X8 / 50 / 50 / 50 /
• 3 sets of 8 reps at 60lbs X8 / 60 / 60 / 60 /
• 3 sets of 4 reps at 70lbs X4 / 70/ 70 / 70 /
The weights are left blank in the programs on purpose. Everyone has a different starting point. This is up to you to gage the appropriate weight scale for you.