Sitting down for long periods can lead to muscle atrophy in the leg and glutes, where the muscles weaken and waste away.
- The squat is a great exercise to begin reversing the negative effect of sitting for long hours.
- Squatting engages the glute muscles, the front, and back of the thighs, groin, hip flexor, and calves. In addition to strengthening the lower body, it also targets your core muscles.
- Here are some of the benefits of doing squats
- Improves bone and joint strength (fighting osteoporosis)
- Helps strengthen the lungs and heart
- Burns calories, lose weight
- Increases mobility
Day 2 Assignment
Start with the warm-up from yesterday.
Proceed with 3 to 5 sets of 8 to 12 repetitions of the squat of your choice, according to your fitness level
Take a selfie or a video of squatting and post on A Stronger You #Day2 #Done